• August 31, 2020 at 1:12 pm #5436
    Raleigh Abell
    Participant

Good Afternoon,

I love theses lessons.  Most all songs focused on current worship songs or even some old hymns.  I’d love for you to point us in the direction of some beginning, very basic signing lessons so I could play and sing and sound somewhat decent in regard to the signing voice.

September 4, 2020 at 7:46 am #5444
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hello Raleigh, I’m glad you’re enjoying the lessons so far.
    I don’t have any recommendations for singing lessons, as I haven’t looked into it before.
    My advice is to sing and play and record yourself, then go back and listen to your recording, and be your own critic. You can hear mistakes you make when you listen back to yourself that you don’t hear when you are in the process of singing. Then, focus on those mistakes you made and try to fix it for the next recording.
    I did this a lot when I was learning to sing.

You never fail until you quit!

November 10, 2021 at 12:27 pm #6350
    Louise Decoteau
    Participant

As for me, my voice leaves lots to be desired, but  if Bob Dylan can sing, so can I!  So no, I can’t sing like Celine Dion, but few can!  Just have fun.  I’m a bit shy when singing, that’s my big issue to overcome as I’ve never had to sing for anyone except in church (God has never told me to shut up either).

As a start, you might want to find a few songs you enjoy singing that you can sing all of the notes to see what is in your vocal range.   This may help determine what key you are suited for.  I recall when I was studying to be a teacher, my music teacher said most kids can sing in the key of C.

I know there’s much more to it that this, but I’m learning too!  Have a great journey!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags