• November 28, 2021 at 5:28 pm #6399
    Susan Johnston
    Participant

I’ve been a vocalist forever, so I understand notes when they happen one at a time. But as I age out of serious singing, I’d like to be able to play an instrument. So, I have a 33-string lever harp, a steel string guitar and time to learn and practise.  I’m pretty much a beginner at both.

When I started to play the harp, I realized that the “chords” I think I know on the guitar are just “chord shapes.” I don’t really understand how the multiple notes work together. And then I ran into some of Jonathan’s videos. I’m intrigued by his ideas around chord families and transposition and alternate left hand fingerings.

I also need to figure out what to do with my right hand, which currently seems disconnected from my brain.

Looking forward to solving this puzzle. So my plan is to start at lesson one, pay attention, follow the instructions, go slowly and see what happens.

Picking, plucking and strumming in Summerside, Prince Edward Island, Canada

"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." Bob Marley

November 28, 2021 at 10:08 pm #6405
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Welcome Susan! Glad to have you here. I hope you do find success with the course. Let us know if you have any questions are struggles along the way.

You never fail until you quit!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.