• February 5, 2020 at 5:35 pm #5014
    Richard Carter
    Participant

Hello everyone, My name is Ric Carter. I am 71yo almost 72. Been trying to learn guitar for sometime, till my wife says give it up. She says “I don’t even play a radio very well”. But other than that, I am determined to get it this time and am practicing hard. I live in Gulf Breeze, Florida for the last 6 years, lived in NW Pennsylvania before that. I am a retired nurse in the Army and am now a Barber in Navarre, Fl. enjoy what I do but hoping to retire soon. Alright then. Talk to y’all soon.

February 5, 2020 at 5:54 pm #5015
    Ann Hepner
    Participant

Welcome aboard Ric!

I believe that you have come to the perfect place to continue to learn how to play the guitar. You will have a great instructor in Jonathan and a supportive group here. With practice, it won’t be long and your wife will be requesting songs and rejoicing in your success. All the best to you.

February 6, 2020 at 12:40 pm #5016
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Ric, welcome to the SG family! So glad to have you board. It’s never too late to learn. Just don’t give up! I look forward to seeing your progress!

–Jonathan

You never fail until you quit!

February 18, 2020 at 2:07 pm #5040
    Richard Carter
    Participant

Hey Jonathan, good to here from you. This is a great course and am progressing well. Slow, but well, thank you very much.

Going through your song library you have many great songs I look forward to learning. There is one little song that sticks in my mind that I would like to learn. It is called “I Love You Lord”. Perhaps you could produce a video for this song. I would be greatly appreciative.

April 6, 2020 at 12:44 pm #5166
    Thomas Biesiada
    Participant

Hi Richard,

I’m 66 year’s-old. The only thing better than retirement is being a Grandfather. I hope you are able to take that 2nd leap soon. As a barber you can take your guitar to work and practice while waiting for patients customers. lol.

Stay in touch in the forum. I’ll do the same.

Tom

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.