• May 9, 2018 at 1:38 pm #3421
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey everyone!

In case you haven’t heard yet, there are some new lessons available that I would love for you to try out. These are in Beta mode, and represent the new lesson format that I plan to adopt hopefully by the fall of this year.

Here are the links for you to take a look at the new material…

Also, here’s a quick video that will explain the new features to you, so you know what to expect:

Once you have a chance to go through the new material, please CLICK HERE to take a quick survey.

It’ll only take you 3 to 5 minutes to complete, and it’ll really help me gauge the effectiveness of this new direction I’m heading in for lessons. I want to make sure I’m headed in the right direction before I put too much effort into it, and you’re feedback will help me to know any directional shifts I need to make early on, so that this new material will be extremely valuable to future students. I really appreciate the time you take to help me out!

–Jonathan

You never fail until you quit!

May 11, 2018 at 8:20 am #3434
    Adela Davis
    Participant

Hi Jonathan, I am working on I hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack . Is there any way you can add an audio of F/C to the new chord library. I know I’m not getting it right but id like to know what i’m shooting for lol

Also, I don’t know if it’s possible but I would love it if you could put Walk Forever by My Side by The Alarm in the song library.

Thanks!!

Adela

May 11, 2018 at 9:27 pm #3435
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Adela, I’m working on getting the audio up for all the chords. It’ll take a little bit of time, but just know that it is coming:)

And I’ll add that song suggestion into my list. I’ll see if I can get to it on this week’s live class.

May 16, 2018 at 8:21 am #3439
    Cheryl Davidson
    Participant

Hey Jonathan,

The new format looks to be jam-packed with information.  I realize your hard work and moves to perfect your curriculum and strategies to share about guitar; playing, picking, strumming, chords, rhythms, song progression, etc., etc.  At the development stage of guitar playing I am currently in, I say that these changes would explain more than the previous examples I have used.   I see the influence of recent classes, so I can understand them.  If I had not participated, I would not have been able to see the direction you are taking to explain them.

Where do the chord explanation/variations fit into the skill level of the course?  (I would have been uncertain how to read them and what to try first if this was the first thing I had seen.)

I have more questions, but I will wait to see if we are on the same brain wave first. 😀

I appreciate you.

Cheryl

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Col 3:16

May 17, 2018 at 7:38 am #3445
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Cheryl, that is a good question.

The chord variations are definitely for more advanced levels, and wouldn’t really apply at the beginner stage. And it was a thought of mine that it might end up being too confusing to have all of that information up.

One thing I was thinking of doing was only putting up chords and variations that I actually use in songs, and only put up new variations when I use it in a song tutorial. This way, there’s an actual application to a song for each chord variation. Because right now, there’s no practical use for some of these chord variations within the material I have up.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.