• November 29, 2020 at 4:17 pm #5567
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Karen, glad to have you on board! I couldn’t agree more. Music brings people together.

I wish you all the best!

You never fail until you quit!

December 7, 2020 at 4:34 pm #5577
    Ed
    Participant

My purpose and plan for this course is to be able to become proficient enough to play for family and friends.  Specifically, for the immediate future I want to learn at least one Christmas song to play for and sing to my grandchildren on Christmas eve.  Since this will be our first Christmas not with our children’s families I thought this would be a special surprise for them from the grandparents.

Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA

December 8, 2020 at 6:45 am #5578
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

That’s a wonderful goal, Ed! That will definitely keep you motivated to keep practicing in time for Christmas eve. Keep us posted on how it goes!

December 8, 2020 at 9:58 am #5580
    Raymond Gibbs
    Participant

When does my Payment Plan end. Thanks!!!

Ray Allan

July 7, 2021 at 1:52 pm #5834
    Bobbi Gascoigne
    Participant

I know it doesn’t belong here, but how do I ask a question on this forum?  I’m looking for suggestions to exercise arthritic fingers to help them stretch to make the chords clear.  I need help on this.

Bobbi

July 27, 2021 at 5:54 pm #5853
    Patti
    Participant

My goal is to play with beauty and spirit.  My plan is to practice practice practice…..

you never know until you try.

You will never know until you try

New Hampshire USA ??

July 27, 2021 at 11:58 pm #5855
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Sounds like a great plan, Patti. You can do it!

August 31, 2021 at 12:06 pm #5894
    ike eke
    Participant

I have been learning the guitar for a while now. I am not happy with the sound I create and I am sure it sounds worse when heard by others,

My purpose of taking this course is to be able to play worship songs. Although I love  all genre of music,

I want to dedicate my guitar music to the worship of our God and the praise of our Lord Jesus.

September 1, 2021 at 12:48 am #5895
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hello Ike, welcome to the SG family! Glad to have you hear. Sounds like a great plan. You can do it. Create a daily practice plan and stick to it, and you will succeed.

September 22, 2021 at 4:09 pm #5913
    Alex Miller
    Participant

Hello, my name is Alex. I am retired, and used to play some guitar many years ago, but haven’t really played much in awhile. Recently I was asked at a men’s bible study I attend, if I would want to join the group of guys that play worship songs at the beginning of each study. I started trying to brush up and play some of the songs they gave me and found I was way out of practice. So my goal, is to be able to play well, and confidently be able to strum and change chords well, in support of the band as we all worship the Lord.

September 23, 2021 at 12:24 am #5914
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Alex, that is a great goal. Playing with others is a huge motivator to keep practicing and not give up. You can do it!

October 22, 2021 at 7:27 pm #6204
    Louise Decoteau
    Participant

I am excited at age 70 to finally begin playing my guitar! I now have enough time and a strong desire to learn.  I want to have fun and be able to play for my family, especially my grandkids, and church when we finally gather again.

Jonathan’s course has me so excited!  His method has structure and I really benefit from structure and a plan for success, immediate success.  I love being able to play songs right away.

Many thanks!

Louise From Maine

October 23, 2021 at 9:10 pm #6328
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Louise! I’m so excited to have you in the course, and glad to hear that you are excited too. It sounds like you have a great plan and motivation to keep at it. Maybe you can have a specific plan to play some Christmas carols for those grandkids this year, or something like that to give yourself a goal to work towards.

I’m looking forward to hearing about your progress!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.