• March 6, 2020 at 1:54 pm #5089
    Eric Fry
    Participant

My wife, Jennifer has been playing the piano for 5 yrs. She plays at her teacher’s recital each Christmas. My goal is to play a duet with her as well as play along with the Christmas songs we sing.

March 15, 2020 at 10:10 am #5100
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I want to be able to strum and change chords smoothly. I have friends who play guitar and keyboard and to be able to play along in different keys would be great.

March 16, 2020 at 1:29 am #5107
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Those are some great goals, guys! You need those to keep you motivated through the sore fingers!

One step at a time.

You never fail until you quit!

May 1, 2020 at 10:02 am #5233
    Carlos
    Participant

I just need to be patient and learn to play and strum.  I have found it very difficult to get my strumming right as I am not a naturally musical person (although I love music and listens to a wide range of music).  So I really hope that by going through a structured course on line where I can do it when I am free will help me get to play a few songs and bring joy to others around me and glory be to God.

May 2, 2020 at 8:27 pm #5241
    Grant Forsyth
    Participant

My purpose: I taught myself to play as a young adult but did not continue with life happening. So now I want to complete what I started (45 years ago!) and become proficient enough that I can play worship songs at church.

My plan: I suppose a goal is a better word, my goal is to learn here and be ready to play for our outdoor services this summer. I know, it’s a little steep – but if I can stay with it I do feel I can get good enough to do this. I do enough confidence to see it through and my wife is supportive which goes a long way! I do plan on learning from all of you and following Jonathan through the course, this time to grow over time and not give up as Jonathan always says! Blessings to all of you….

Kenockee, Michigan

May 26, 2020 at 3:45 am #5298
    Joy Summers
    Participant

My plan is simply to learn the guitar to enjoy the music and be able to take it to the beach in the summer to sing and play with the family.

New Zealand

June 5, 2020 at 11:14 am #5317
    Janet Gabell
    Participant

my plan and purpose is to play my guitar with more precision, I currently play and sing at the local prison sunday service every few weeks and I would like to join our worship band at the church , I want to enjoy playing different song not only worship and enjoy my guitar

Rochford Essex UK

June 26, 2020 at 12:00 pm #5331
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Before the shutdowns, I used to sing around town at some restaurants and volunteer at some places like nursing homes and the airport, mostly doing jazz and soft pop. I always *meant to learn to accompany myself at least a little bit, but never had the time and was intimidated by how good the accompanists I work with are –  all seriously trained jazz musicians.  Now I have been “gifted”  (LOL) a lot more free time, and the motivation to finally put in the work to do it and its wonderful to just strum and sing ! My hope is to one day be able to go back to nursing homes or even just play in the park  or with friends and share the joy of music, not care so much about being a perfect musician. 🙂

August 17, 2020 at 2:26 pm #5413
    Raymond Gibbs
    Participant

My Purpose for this course is to play in our worship service with both traditional hymns and praise and worship songs. I will begin to play with our pianist.

Ray Allan

August 17, 2020 at 2:29 pm #5414
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

These are some great motivations and goals guys! I’m enjoying reading them. Thanks for sharing!

November 18, 2020 at 11:38 pm #5533
    Tracy Sharpe
    Participant

My purpose for taking this course is to learn to play Christian worship music for myself and during small group meetings. I own several guitars but never had the opportunity to play because my career in the military took precedence. Now that I am retired, I can devote my time to learning a lifelong passion of learning to play guitar and learning to sing.

Tracy Sharpe
    Gateway Church,
    Fort Worth, Texas

November 19, 2020 at 2:40 am #5534
    Janet Gabell
    Participant

Great goal Tracey, God bless you as you start this journey ?x

Rochford Essex UK

November 27, 2020 at 2:05 pm #5555
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My purpose is to play guitar for not only for myself, but for my grandkids. Before she passed, my mother played guitar and everyone loved to sing Christmas songs etc along with her playing. I also need to keep these old fingers moving and the brain cells firing! Looking forward to the course. 🙂

November 27, 2020 at 9:42 pm #5558
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

That’s an awesome goal to keep you motivated Reb! You can have an occasion in mind to play for your grandkids, to set a date for your goal. You can do it.

November 29, 2020 at 1:16 pm #5566
    Karyn
    Participant

My purpose for wanting to play better…..to me music is a universal language.  When you meet someone who plays an instrument you automatically have a friend, no matter where they come from or their beliefs, which is so important in this day and age…..plus, it is just fun to play.  My plan is to learn to play way better than I am able to play now.  I love music and how it makes me feel inside.  I want to play music with friends as well as strum away at Christmas, while we all sing Christmas Carols.  We like to have friends over in the summer time and I love to sit in the backyard and strum away while we laugh and chat.  Yes, to me there is nothing more soothing and uplifting than singing with friends and strumming.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.