• August 20, 2018 at 11:53 am #4025
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

This week’s live class will be on Thursday, the 23rd, at 12pm central time.

This is going to be part 4 of our ear training series, where we will be discussing how to write your own chord charts for your favorite songs.

Click here to join in when it starts.

Hope to see you there!

You never fail until you quit!

August 23, 2018 at 12:55 pm #4070
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

For this live class, I dissected a particular song, and figured out the chords for it. You may want to try and figure out the chords for this song on your own before you watch me do it, that way you can check your results with mine during the class.

Here is the song I dissected during this class

The first step is figuring out which key the song is in. It can only be 1 of 12 possible keys (A, A#, B, C, C#, D, D#, E, F, F#, G, or G#)

To do this, try and match the first note you here of the song, with a note on your guitar. Rewind and replay over and over again until you can match it. Once you discover the key of the song, then you can transpose it into a more comfortable chord family if necessary, using the transposing cheat sheet and a capo. And then listen to the rest of the song and try and decipher the remaining chords from your 7 options of the scale. (Refer back to Part 3 of the ear training series).

You never fail until you quit!

August 23, 2018 at 3:10 pm #4071
    Ron Jordan
    Participant

Love the song understand what you are showing us ,was hard to understand the when you was show the cords with the piano, it might just be me,

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.