• December 17, 2018 at 10:37 am #4300
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

This week’s live class will be on Friday, December 21st at 12pm central time.

Click here to join in when it starts.

This would be a great time for any of you planning to play Christmas carols with family to ask any last minute questions.

You never fail until you quit!

December 21, 2018 at 1:16 pm #4313
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

In this live class, I covered a question from Tom Marques about practicing chord transitions.

Here is the replay from this live class:

You never fail until you quit!

December 21, 2018 at 2:36 pm #4316
    Tom Marques
    Participant

Sorry I missed the live class but I just watched the replay.  Right away I noticed when you alternated the C and G chords you played a three finger G without using the index finger.  Almost immediately I can transition good copying your movements.  Dropping the ring and middle fingers one string and applying the index finger makes going from G to C a breeze.  I was using the 4 finger G and that takes more adjustments to transition to C.  Thanks so much.  I’m working on the E to Bsus now.  Lesson 4 is going to take more than a week to get comfortable with all the chord changes from the E starting position but I’ll get it.  Thanks again for showing alternative chord shapes and reminding me that sometimes using different fingers for certain situations makes things easier. Tom

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.