• June 3, 2019 at 3:13 pm #4622
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, my name is Margaret. I’m 56 and on disability. I took up guitar to keep busy and enjoy life. I’ve had hand surgery on both hands for carpal tunnel and trigger finger. I can’t stress the importance of physical therapy stretches. My forearms and fingers clamp up and I can’t transition well on some days. I’ve been playing for months. Watching You Tube and Justin Guitar and Worship Acadamy. Areas I need to focus on is actually playing a song. I see chords on top of words and strum but unless there is an animated song showing beats per chord I’m at a wall and I can’t sing to keep rhythm. The 7 day challenge has a break down. But I’m not sure about the on going lessons. At least I did not see a cheat sheet. Perhaps the videos playing slow will help. Another area to work on is chord 1 minute transitioning exercise. Finding an anchor. I use a metronome app and a drum beat as well as for strumming. It can be like finger yoga. I try to stop my lesson on a successfully level so frustration doesn’t take over.  I also pray for guidance. I enjoy worship music and 1960s and 1970s classic rock. I need to learn xmas music for this year. The song library has a good selection.  I’m waiting for a light bulb in my brain to light up like an epifnia (spell?). Thanks for reading all this. God Bless your learning pace.

November 12, 2019 at 12:03 am #4891
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey! My name is Russell. I am 60 years old, I am a pastor, and I love playing the guitar. I guess I am a beginner, not because I haven’t played the guitar until now, because I have. But I haven’t really grown as a guitarist as I should. I have avoided learning a lot of new chords because I have enjoyed learning songs in easier chords. I can play and sing, which I guess is like walking and chewing bubblegum. It’s not all that remarkable. I have a T shirt that sums up my guitar skill. It says, “World’s Okayest Guitar Player.” I’m looking forward to learning here and moving to the next level. I am looking forward to getting to know those who learn here!

April 6, 2020 at 1:21 pm #5173
    Thomas Biesiada
    Participant

Hi Margaret,

know that you are in my prayers for your struggles. Have you done any research on plasticity of the brain? Dr. Daniel Siegel is renowned in his work in this area. You might find it helpful to you in other areas besides playing guitar.It’s weird when I clicked on your photo space I get a site called Gravatar. I’ve never seen that before. Keep practicing you will regret it after your epiphany occurs.

Tom

April 6, 2020 at 1:22 pm #5174
    Thomas Biesiada
    Participant

Sorry about the typo. You will NOT regret it after your epiphany occurs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.