• February 19, 2020 at 9:16 pm #5042
    Bruce Hassold
    Participant

Hi everyone! I was pleased to find this group and the lessons that Jonathan offers. I’m brand new to guitar. Well actually, I took a few lessons about 15 years ago but I didn’t learn much and never got to the point of playing songs. So I figured I’d give it another try. I was attracted to the goal of keeping it simple and learning to play a song right out of the gate. I’m 58 and still working, although my wife and I are talking about retiring soon. We live in Vancouver, Washington (just across the Columbia river – north of Portland, OR). One challenge for me is going to be setting aside time each day to practice.  But I’m determined to really learn this time around and I know it won’t happen unless I make practice a priority.  Anyway, I’m glad to join the group and I’m looking forward to getting started.

Vancouver, Washington (USA)

February 20, 2020 at 12:27 am #5043
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Welcome to the group, Bruce! So glad to have you on board!
    With the combination of the course lessons, the group support, and your commitment to practice, this will be your time to get it! I’m looking forward to hearing your success stories!

–Jonathan

You never fail until you quit!

February 20, 2020 at 8:10 am #5044
    Ann Hepner
    Participant

Welcome Bruce! You’ve come to the right place to be successful with your guitar goals. You can go at your own speed here and if you run into any kind of problems, Jonathan will always help you get through them. Also, this group is very supportive. All the best to you.

April 6, 2020 at 12:38 pm #5165
    Thomas Biesiada
    Participant

Hi Bruce,

I played for a while a long time ago, self taught. I can tell you the key is practice because the more you practice the more callous you form in your fingertip and the more enjoyable practice becomes in comparison. You wrote this in February so you have  probably made tremendous progress since then. I’ll try to catch up on your other posts soon.

Tom

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.