• June 21, 2018 at 9:39 pm #3546
    Brad Horne
    Participant

this my 2nd intro, i’m not sure what happened to the other one?

Brad here from Maitland NSW Australia. I have been playing guitar for 8 years, i started when i was 38. I would say i am an intermediate player, but struggle with timing and counting in songs and struggle to learn songs, particular christian songs on the net. I suppose i jump from one thing to practice to the next not knowing the path forward and just going round in circles, directionless, i should be so much better than i am from the amount of practice i have done and do.

i came across Jonathan when i was looking for a version of i’ll fly away for church and was drawn to his simplified teaching style and then found in the blood by John Mayer a favorite tune of mine with a simple way to learn it, i was sold.

I think if i learn the 3 strumming patterns and apply to the songs Johnathan has done  that i like, it will give me a strong foundation and hoping everything else i have learned will fall into place.

looking forward to catching up with everyone on the boards

Brad

Maitland NSW Australia formerly from Perth Western Australia

June 22, 2018 at 9:07 am #3560
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Brad! Great to have you here.

I hope the course and all the material here will help give you a track to run on and make better progress. Best of luck to you!

You never fail until you quit!

June 27, 2018 at 9:24 am #3577
    Cheryl Davidson
    Participant

Great to know you are part of the crew!  Welcome and hope we all learn lots together!

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Col 3:16

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.