• May 15, 2020 at 7:41 pm #5268
    Elina LaPlant
    Participant

Howdy everyone!

I am super excited to have signed up for this course! I’m a beginner even though I’ve been trying to play for several years. I get caught up in the weeds of finger picking, reading notes, or just technical practice like chord transitions. My goal is be able to play hymns and gospel songs and praise my God with the skills He helps me learn! I have always loved singing around campfires and if I’ll be able to play a guitar as well, that will be a dream come true. In particular, I want to improve my performance on the song, Beyond the Rain.

God bless yall! ?

Elina

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    May 16, 2020 at 7:14 am #5270
    Ann Hepner
    Participant

Welcome Elina, You have wonderful goals and have come to the right place to achieve them. Jonathan is a wonderful teacher and  this is a very supportive group.

I’ll be looking forward to seeing your progress in worshiping the Lord through your playing.

All the best to you Elina!

May 16, 2020 at 1:14 pm #5274
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Welcome, Elina! So glad to have you here! You’ve got some great goals to keep you motivated. Make sure to let us know if you ever have specific questions or struggles along the way.

You never fail until you quit!

December 2, 2020 at 8:53 pm #5570
    Karyn
    Participant

Hi Elina,

I was reading posts and I saw your “Hello From Richland, WA”.  It is exciting to find another guitar player from Washington.  I have been playing a couple of years, but like you, I need to work through my chord transition….Oh and did I mention motivation.  I seem to practice more when I am responsible to someone.  Maybe we can meet up someday and play music together.

Karyn Boarde

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.