• December 19, 2018 at 12:00 pm #4302
    David
    Participant

My mom was the oldest of five children in her family that we’re all very musically talented. However, while I did get some singing ability, I have struggled with learning the guitar for a couple of years now. While I am a slow learner, it is mostly been a lack of commitment. My four children are all musically talented.  My oldest (son, the doctor) plays guitar. My second child (son, ship design engineer) and youngest(daughter, future engineer) can play by ear ( piano, guitar, horn). My oldest daughter is a college junior in music therapy. Great voice and plays several instruments. As you can tell, I’m very proud of them. Dad needs to catch up so we can all enjoy playing and singing together.

Alabama

December 19, 2018 at 12:08 pm #4304
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey David, that is awesome. Yes, playing together as a family is such a wonderful thing. It creates some memories that you’ll never forget. That’s one of my favorite things to do with music. There’s just something about sitting around with those you love and creating music together.
    I hope you’re able to see that become a reality soon.

You never fail until you quit!

December 19, 2018 at 1:42 pm #4305
    Ann Hepner
    Participant

Hello David! Welcome to the group. You have come to the right place to reach your goal. Playing with your very talented family will give you great incentive to keep going.
    All the best to you David!

December 20, 2018 at 12:37 pm #4310
    Cheryl Davidson
    Participant

Wow!  That is something to share!  Music is just amazing and your family has a wonderful gift.  I would like to be able to just sit and listen in on your family fun.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Col 3:16

December 21, 2018 at 3:38 pm #4317
    Tom Marques
    Participant

Hi David,  Welcome.  I can’t help but believe you were very instrumental in the success of your kids.  Sometimes we can be much more encouraging to others than to ourselves.  Maybe as we get older accomplishing something for ourselves can move a little upward in our priorities.  Playing guitar is probably the only thing on my bucket list that I have much control over.  Learning guitar is something we can all do if we put forth the effort. We get enjoyment and satisfaction to boot.     Tom

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.