• February 28, 2020 at 6:46 pm #5067
    Jane Steger
    Participant

Hi! My husband bought me a beautiful guitar as a gift. I’ve wanted to learn to play for many years as I come from a family of many talented musicians, but didn’t have the desire to learn an instrument earlier. So now that I’ve recently retired, I want to make the time to learn and ultimately, play music with my husband, Dad, siblings and nephews. I took the 7-day song challenge, but still struggle with getting clean chords. Nevertheless, I strum away. I’m striving to practice at least 30 minutes a day and hope to see real improvement soon. P.S. I’m usually behind the camera, so had to grab the only recent picture I have which includes my newest great nephew Quest.

Cleveland, OH
    "You're never too old to learn something new."

February 28, 2020 at 7:45 pm #5068
    Ann Hepner
    Participant

Welcome Jane,

Glad you found this group. Jonathan is a wonderful teacher and this group is very supportive. It sounds like you will have a lot of support for home too. All the best to you Jane.

p.s. Your great nephew Quest is a cutie.

March 1, 2020 at 10:47 am #5075
    Jane Steger
    Participant

Hi Ann! Thank you for the reply. How long have you been playing the guitar?

Cleveland, OH

March 1, 2020 at 12:25 pm #5076
    Ann Hepner
    Participant

Hello Jane,
    After I retired three years ago I found Jonathan’s Simplified Guitar course. There have been so many changes in my life since then. My goal was to just be able to play and sing simple hymns to the Lord. So for the past three years I have been blessed to be able to do that.

I know you will be successful too.

March 2, 2020 at 5:02 pm #5077
    Jane Steger
    Participant

Not surprised your prayers were answered!

Cleveland, OH

March 28, 2020 at 4:04 pm #5139
    Lois Olayemi
    Participant

Hi Jane!

I can relate to what you are saying because I have wanted to learn to play guitar for a very long time as well. I believe that if  you stick to you’re plan you will be able to become a better player in no time! You have my support! 🙂

– Lois

Slow progress is still progress.

March 28, 2020 at 4:14 pm #5140
    MARI GUERRERO
    Participant

Hi Jane! Excited to hear you are making your desires a reality. Looking forward to hearing how your chords hear a few weeks from today! Keep at it!

April 6, 2020 at 12:31 pm #5163
    Thomas Biesiada
    Participant

Hi Jane,

Nice to meet you. Cleveland shouldn’t be cold anymore. Fort Wayne, Indiana layed down a blanket of snow for us only four times this year.

My older sister played guitar when I was a kid and we would have spontaneous hootenannies. My grandmother taught my older brothers piano and I between the ages of 6 and 10 sang along, sometimes hammering a drum or blowing a flute. It was a blast and helped shape my craving for creating my own music!

Tom

April 10, 2020 at 4:31 pm #5199
    Jane Steger
    Participant

Hi Lois, thanks for the reply and your support! much appreciated. How long have you been playing?

Cleveland, OH

April 10, 2020 at 4:31 pm #5200
    Jane Steger
    Participant

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Lato, sans-serif; font-size: 18px;”>Hi Lois, thanks for the reply and your support! much appreciated. How long have you been playing?</span>

Cleveland, OH

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.