• April 10, 2018 at 4:22 pm #2960
    Pedro Alicea
    Participant

First practice with the youth choir was a little challenging. I ended up as a solo instrument player when usually there is a piano player that knows what to do and how to do it. But, I was able to keep up and at times I had to fake it.  At the end, the choir director told me that I did good. I think he was being kind.  I will let you know how Sunday services go.

Jacksonville Fl. USA
    As a Real Estate Broker, I give back 25% of my commission to
    JAX HEROES which includes Military, Law, Firefighters,
    Teachers, and Medical.

April 10, 2018 at 4:47 pm #2961
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Pedro.

You went there and you did it. That’s a huge win in my book. That’s farther than most people get. And doing what you’re doing will be a huge motivator for you to continue practicing. Motivation is a key factor in improving faster.

Don’t get overwhelmed on Sunday. Remember that even if you make mistakes, you went up there and did it. Let the rest roll off.

Do let us know how it goes on Sunday!

You never fail until you quit!

April 10, 2018 at 6:26 pm #2963
    Cheryl Davidson
    Participant

Mr Pedro,

You were put in a spotlight, but held on tight, and went for it.  How many people would have done that?  I watched a movie recently where they had a motto:  “Never surrender, Never give up!”  You, Sir, did just that, and will continue to do so.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Col 3:16

April 17, 2018 at 8:58 am #3146
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Pedro, how did the Sunday service go?

You never fail until you quit!

April 19, 2018 at 6:23 am #3199
    Pedro Alicea
    Participant

Thank you all for those words of encouragement. I can see myself getting better and better at something I’ve wanted to do for many years.

Jacksonville Fl. USA
    As a Real Estate Broker, I give back 25% of my commission to
    JAX HEROES which includes Military, Law, Firefighters,
    Teachers, and Medical.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.