• July 25, 2018 at 8:54 pm #3876
    Angela Paletta
    Participant

I just started lesson 1 and I’m noticing that my fingers tend to slip down the string when placing them in postion. Does anyone else have that issue or is that just me? …. Is my fingers just too sweaty and not used to it yet? LOL 🙂

July 25, 2018 at 8:59 pm #3877
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Angela, could you describe the issue a bit more? Are your fingers slipping down towards the body of the guitar or up towards the head of the guitar? Are they slipping off of the strings or just to another fret? Is it for a particular chord?

If you want, you could also record a quick video demonstrating the problem for the Private Facebook Group, and that would help me know exactly the issue, or if you plan to attend the live class on Friday, you can show me then as well.

You never fail until you quit!

August 4, 2018 at 9:42 pm #3936
    Peg
    Participant

Angela, I think I can relate to what you’re describing. When I play the D/F# chord, my ring finger that’s on the 3rd fret of the B string wants to creep up closer towards the 2nd fret. I’m trying to stretch my reach to help with that problem. Is this what you’re talking about?

East Coast, USA

August 15, 2018 at 10:34 am #3985
    Angela Paletta
    Participant

YA! … sorry for such late replies…. i think my fingers just arent used to stretching in the positions!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.