• November 4, 2021 at 3:20 pm #6342
    Rachelle Strother
    Participant

i purchased the program. Doesn’t it include chord charts.. Im being sent to a website to pay for them. can you help?

November 5, 2021 at 12:26 am #6343
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hello Rachel,

I am no longer allowed to provide chord charts for free, because of publisher’s copyright laws. The publisher’s of the songs require a fee to legally provide chord charts of their music to the public.

As my YouTube channel continues to grow, I am at risk of being sued or my website being taken down if I continue to provide chord charts for free. So I had to make the change, and sell my chord chart transcriptions, so that the publishers can receive their dues. I’ve done my best to make them as affordable as possible, and they are some of the cheapest music on their website.

The songs on the 7 Day Song Challenge section I will keep as popular public domain songs, so that at least those will remain free.

If purchasing a chord chart is out of the question for you, my video tutorials are still free, and you can watch them and write them down yourself on a piece of paper.

I do apologize for any inconvenience, and I hope you continue to enjoy the course!

You never fail until you quit!

November 6, 2021 at 6:28 pm #6348
    Sharon Gallagher
    Participant

I just discovered this as well and it threw me off as well, but actually I am glad for the change because now  for a couple of dollars, I can have a standardize chart with Jonathan’s notations on it whereas before it wasn’t always the case.  I am also happy that original artists are paid for their work and I really hope that Jonathan also gets some of the tiny $2 pie considering all the effort he puts into this material:).

November 7, 2021 at 4:11 pm #6349
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If you don’t want to pay for the chord charts, an alternative is Ultimate Guitar Tabs app.  You may have to do some changes to their tabs to match Jonathon’s.  It is an alternative to free lyrics and chords.

January 2, 2022 at 10:35 pm #6481
    Sharon Gallagher
    Participant

Is there an advantage to purchase Music Notes Pro for $14.99 to get Simplified Guitar cord charts or is it better to just to buy the $1.99/copy?

January 3, 2022 at 12:56 am #6482
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hello Sharon, you can find out more about the features of music notes pro at the link below. Just be aware that the pro version will not give you free copies of chord charts. It will only give you discounts, so it depends on how much you plan on using it.
    https://help.musicnotes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012915372-What-is-Musicnotes-Pro-

January 3, 2022 at 7:51 pm #6483
    Sharon Gallagher
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification Jonathan.  Now I have down loaded all my new charts and noticed on the superscript 1/2. I assume then that the cord change will be on the 3rd beat for 4/4…? (that will take some practise;)

Also, do you have any recommendation on managing your paper copies while playing ? Seperate pages on a music stand, or would you bind them…? or figure out a digital solution?

It would be helpful if the second pages had a page number and a  heading  linking the song sheets together.  Also, I find the superscript very tiny and light and very difficult to see…could be just my eyes though:)

Thanks again for all you do!

Sharon

January 5, 2022 at 10:44 pm #6486
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Sharon, yes, the superscripts that say 1/2 mean that you should land on the next chord on beat 3 in 4/4 time.
    If a song has more than 1 page, I will usually put both pages side by side on a stand, so I dont have to turn pages in the middle of playing.
    Those are good points about heading and page numbers. Thanks for the input. For now, you can write them in manually.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.