• April 2, 2020 at 10:20 am #5146
    Thomas Biesiada
    Participant

I just signed up a few days ago.

1. Can someone tell me the best capo to use for an old worn  starcaster Acoustic guitar? An Internet link would be helpful

2. My bottom String sounds the same on the first four frets. I think it’s the white plastic piece on the bridge seems to be chipped in different places. See attached image. Is there Somewhere I can Order that piece? Are they standard sizes/models for customized?

3. I have trouble keeping my fingers off the front bars. It seems to be a stretching problem. Are there General finger stretching exercises Or will this resolve itself the more I practice?For both?

Anyone’s help will be greatly appreciated 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    April 2, 2020 at 3:18 pm #5154
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Thomas,

1. If you head over to my shop page, I have a link to the capo I use as well as a bunch of my other recommendations: https://simplifiedguitar.com/shop/
    2. Hmm, I couldn’t say for sure. Could also be your frets are worn down or the bridge. I would take it to a local guitar shop (when the quarantine is over:). And let them do a full service on it.
    3. This will resolve itself in time, with consistent regular practice, using the techniques like the muscle memory and clean chord and launching point practices found in the course. Don’t get discouraged if the chords don’t sound perfect after one week. It takes time for the muscles to strengthen and to become more flexible. It will get there as long as you don’t give up!

You never fail until you quit!

April 2, 2020 at 5:43 pm #5155
    Thomas Biesiada
    Participant
    Thanks Jonathan,
    I don’t plan on giving up. I just want to be able to ask the questions as they come up. By the way, it was my hand raised during the live session. I decided it was better to ask the question on forum then to waste anybody live time. It’s on the forum now thanks. I’m sure I will have many more questions for you as we go along.
    A friend who plays backup for Lynyrd Skynyrd says that I might be able to fix the string problem by adjusting the neck twist with an allen screw inside the hole of the body. I’ll let you know how it goes. For now, I just want to work my finger muscles and produce some calluses.The quality is really secondary, I’ll be happy as long as I can hear blunt strings from not holding my fingers correctly and adjust accordingly.How long is too long for daily practice? Bleeding fingertips? LOL
    Tom
    April 6, 2020 at 11:25 pm #5178
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Tom, it’s really up to you how long you practice. But yes, if your fingers are bleeding, that’s definitely a sign to stop!

You never fail until you quit!

April 7, 2020 at 11:10 am #5179
    Thomas Biesiada
    Participant

just kidding about the bleeding 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.