• November 1, 2019 at 4:55 pm #4872
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Jonathan, I’ve been logging in but to the same lesson 1 play a song.  I’ve been trying different songs but I just can’t get the strumming pattern and keep up with you on demo.  It just goes so fast, I slow it down but very difficult still.  I think maybe I strum too much on 2 and 4, but I’m not moving on until I can get at least close to 1 song.

November 1, 2019 at 7:04 pm #4873
    Steve Borek
    Participant

David I have a different challenge. I’ve got the strumming and chord changes down. However I’m struggling with singing and playing at the same time. Ironically BB King had the same problem. In an interview he revealed he either played guitar or sang but never simultaneously.

November 2, 2019 at 3:07 am #4874
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey David. You’re gunna get it! Yes, I agree not moving forward until you nail your first song.
    Can you record yourself attempting to play the song, and either put it in the Facebook group or email it to me? That way I can pinpoint exactly where the issue is.

You never fail until you quit!

November 2, 2019 at 3:11 am #4875
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Steve, yes, that is an area of difficulty for many.

Review the “Learn How To Practice” video in the 7 Day Song Challenge section if you haven’t already. Implementing this will help you to ease your way into combining all of these different skills.

You never fail until you quit!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags