• October 30, 2019 at 6:06 pm #4848
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Jonathan, question, I’ve gotten to  level 1 “new song” and I’m confused on the website…So I picked a song, and it had you playing it on a follow along, but where is you telling me where to put the capo and any slight cord variations.  When I pushed the chords button it took me to UG for copyright reasons and showed me the lyrics and chords, but then I was outside your website seeing link to YouTube showing how to play the song.  So what am I missing? David

October 31, 2019 at 2:10 am #4849
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey David, the purpose of the “new song” lesson is for you to learn a song using the driving pattern and a combination of the 6 chords from the G chord family. All of the songs in the “new song” section of lesson 3 will only use the driving pattern and the G chord family. So you don’t need any explanation, because these are explained in lessons 1 and 2. The song tutorials are simply play along demos.
    When picking out a song to learn in level 1, make sure you are on this page: https://simplifiedguitar.com/lesson3/
    These will only use G chord family and Driving Pattern. Don’t go to the song library, that uses a larger variety of chords and patterns.
    Let me know if anything else is unclear.

You never fail until you quit!

October 31, 2019 at 2:15 am #4850
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

If you come across a song that has a chord chart on the ultimate guitar website, just open the chord chart on a separate page. Ultimate guitar also allows you to download the chord chart as a PDF or you can print it out as well. That way you don’t have to keep going back to ultimate guitar.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a better way to do the chord charts at this time, because of copyright laws. On Ultimate Guitar website, there won’t be any link back to my website or any of my videos. This is a completely separate website and has nothing to do with Simplified Guitar. I simply create the chord charts for my song tutorials on their website, because they have the legal capacity to handle the copyright laws for such things.

You never fail until you quit!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.