• November 3, 2021 at 5:37 pm #6339
    Lindsay Psolka
    Participant

My short term goals:

+I have been wanting to work on my strumming and memorizing songs! I will work on the folk pattern strumming this month using the E family chords.

+When I don’t practice for a couple of weeks, it takes some time to build the callouses back up.  Therefore, I plan to set aside two nights a week to practice for an hour this month.

+I plan to work on and memorize two worship songs and one Christmas song this month.

+I plan to work on and memorize two more worship songs and one Christmas song in December.

My long-term goal:

+I would love to add variation to my strumming by learning how to add pauses for effect.  I also want to eventually work on more advanced strumming patterns and keep up with the singing! This is hard for me to keep the rhythm and sing at the same time at the moment.

+I would love to learn how to strum and then finger pick to add melody to my playing!

+Have 5 songs memorized by January 2022

November 3, 2021 at 10:52 pm #6341
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Lindsay, thanks for sharing your goals. It sounds like you’ve got a great and thorough plan for moving forward, that’s awesome! Keep us updated with your progress!

You never fail until you quit!

November 6, 2021 at 3:02 pm #6347
    John
    Participant

Hi Lindsay,

Your goals are similar to mine! I’ll look forward to sharing tips and hope you reach your goals. I’m probably going to switch to the extra light gauge strings over the weekend, so I can play longer.

Kindest regards,

–John

John
    Washington State (USA)

November 10, 2021 at 12:56 pm #6351
    Louise Decoteau
    Participant

My short term goals are:

-to find a time to be consistent with practicing.

-stick to the course work during practice time.

-learn a bit of fingerstyle patterns for when my fretting fingers are sore.

-work on strumming and chord changes.

-identify the songs I want to learn for Christmas.

I probably spend way too much time on YouTube searching beginner guitar lessons which can distract me from this course but inspire me too!

November 11, 2021 at 2:09 am #6354
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Louise, thanks for sharing your goals with us. You’ve got some great direction there. Just stick to it, and you’ll arrive.

You never fail until you quit!

November 13, 2021 at 8:17 pm #6360
    John
    Participant

Cool goals Louise! You are on to something with the ‘find time’ comment. As children, fun was non-negotiable, right? It’s nice to have non-negotiable practice time with the guitar! Best wishes with your practice sessions and goals!

John
    Washington State (USA)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.