• December 22, 2020 at 1:18 pm #5593
    Marc-André Rizk
    Participant

Hi, happy to join this course and this group. I started playing in the spring and I’d love to one day be able to play the guitar and harmonica at the same time, a dream of mine since I was a kid. I always thought French Canadian folk music sounded good and it usually includes guitar and harmonica. I’d also like to be able to play music from Mumford & Sons (their earlier stuff), Caamp, Zachary Richard and Blanco White, among many others. My challenges as I’m just getting started are many, hitting clean notes, transitioning and strumming. Just looking to keep on enjoying myself as I’ve been in the last few months. And since I do have a creative side, if it leads to me being able to write and compose some songs, that’d be awesome.

December 26, 2020 at 9:44 pm #5599
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Marc, welcome to the Course! Glad to have you here. My family are Acadians, from Nova Scotia. My brothers have a band you may enjoy “The Rayo Brothers”. You should check them out. They have some Mumford and Sons influence, and my brother plays the harmonica and guitar together.
    Well, I hope you enjoy the course and it helps you reach your goals!!
    Keep us posted with your progress!

You never fail until you quit!

January 3, 2021 at 9:57 am #5611
    Marc-André Rizk
    Participant

Hey Jonathan, thanks for your message. I love Acadian music and checked out The Rayo Brothers on Spotify. Very cool stuff. Love the course too, thanks for the help and will keep you posted on my progress. Happy New Year!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.