• February 14, 2022 at 2:56 pm #6546

Hello,

I am Vivian Michelle Jenkins of MS. I taught myself a few chords as a teenager. I am now 62 years of age and am now ready to learn to play guitar to assist with worship at my church. I love guitar.

My goal is to learn to play a song or two for church by May.

I look forward to the journey.

February 14, 2022 at 11:44 pm #6551
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Welcome Vivian! So glad to have you here!
    That is definitely a great and precise goal. I’m glad you set a date for yourself. Keep us posted with your progress!!

You never fail until you quit!

February 19, 2022 at 4:02 am #6558
    JACKIE O’BRIEN
    Participant

Welcome! You will learn how to play here! Jonathan is super!

@JackieO Hollywood CA , singer, songwriter, actress, writer

February 25, 2022 at 3:27 am #6566
    Lee Hayward (mrs>)
    Participant

Hello and good morning from The United Kingdom Lee is my name. I am a total beginner. I am approaching 66, learning to play guitar is one on my bucket list. I never have any proper guitar lesson until now. I am enjoying it this minute. Just feeling a bit sore on my finger tips.

February 27, 2022 at 12:36 am #6568
    John
    Participant

Welcome Vivian!

You’ve picked a great online learning program for guitar. Jonathan’s training program really works and the Song library is perfect for your goal. Best wishes with your new journey!

John
    Washington State (USA)

February 27, 2022 at 12:38 am #6569
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Welcome Lee. Glad to have you in the SG family! Glad to hear you are enjoying it so far. Keep us posted with your progress!

You never fail until you quit!

March 16, 2022 at 12:43 pm #6586
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello I’m Pete from Cobourg, Ontario.

I’m almost a total beginner having had a guitar years ago and made very little progress. Last November I bought another guitar and have been trying to practice strumming for about 20 min a day with a few chords.  I’ve realized I need a more structured learning program so I enrolled with Simplified Guitar. My goal is to be able to accompany folk, country, worship songs (and maybe sing as well) whilst keeping in time with the music. I’m 74 years old but optimistic! My wife and I came from Portsmouth, UK, 9 years ago.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.