• November 2, 2018 at 11:06 pm #4224
    les smith
    Participant

Glad to be part of the group.  Thanks for having me

My name is Les and I’m from Norman Oklahoma, which is basically smack dab in the middle of Oklahoma.

I’ve piddled with the guitar for years, but never got any good…..seriously!  I recently had major reconstructive knee surgery and was off work for 5 weeks.  I tried to play a lot while I was off so I’ve got the bug to try and learn a little more seriously.

My struggle are the basics…..chord changes, what feels like big fingers getting in the way, etc.  To be honest my biggest struggle has probably been a structured practice plan.  I’ve been looking for a structured, at home, practice plan and it looks like I may have found that in this course.

My current goal is to be able to confidently play 5 different songs that I can play around the campfire, or the Christmas tree this time of year, with my family and friends.  I would like to be able to make sweet sounding music so that when I play by myself it is pleasing to listen to.

Thanks for the work you’ve put into this site Jonathan Reaux, it’s evident that you’ve worked very hard making a great place to learn.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by les smith.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by les smith.
    November 3, 2018 at 9:32 am #4227
    Ann Hepner
    Participant

Welcome Les!

I believe you have come to the right place for what you have in mind. You will get a lot of support from Jonathan and the entire group. All the best to you!

Ann

November 3, 2018 at 2:35 pm #4228
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Les! Welcome to the SG family! Glad to have you here.

For a daily pratice plan, I definitely recommend going through the 7 day song challenge. If nothing else, you will surely learn how to practice effectively by the end of it.

If you stick with the G chord family and the driving pattern (lessons 1 and 2), you’ll be able to play some Christmas songs before the season is here. I look forward to hearing your success story!

You never fail until you quit!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.