• July 22, 2018 at 5:30 pm #3865
    Peg
    Participant

Just to quickly introduce myself and give a brief synopsis: I’ve been a beginner now for the past couple of years. I’ve been to a local place for lessons, and have purchased other lessons (ie: cd’s,dvd’s), as well as finding free info on sites. I am not very musically inclined, although a past instructor told be there’s no such thing! However, that is NOT stopping me as I am determined to learn this beautiful instrument! Jonathan, I was pleasantly surprised to see you have Christian music on your site, and many other genres. Thank you! I’m looking forward to progress!

East Coast, USA

July 22, 2018 at 6:36 pm #3866
    Ann Hepner
    Participant

Welcome Peg, so happy you found this group. I love your determination and it has paid off because you have found the site that will help you reach your goal. We are all in this together and you will find the support you need. Jonathan is a dedicated teacher who wants to see us succeed.
    All the best to you Peg. Can’t wait to see your progress.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Ann Hepner. Reason: HTML was showing
    July 22, 2018 at 7:04 pm #3868
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Peg, great to have you on board! You will make it, just don’t give up! I’m looking forward to seeing your progress. Keep us posted as you move through the material. Good luck to you!

–Jonathan

You never fail until you quit!

July 23, 2018 at 5:58 am #3872
    Cheryl Davidson
    Participant

Hello Ms Peg!  I am very curious about your description of “not musically inclined”.  I am very very sure that there is nothing you cannot do, as long as you have the Lord guiding you and blessing your efforts.  I feel that with guidance from Jonathan, and support from the student team;  You will prove the opposite by making beautiful music.  It will be work, but it should be pleasant work.  Just speak up when you struggle, and help will be there.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Col 3:16

July 23, 2018 at 6:38 pm #3875
    Peg
    Participant

Thank you all! Yes, definitely determined!

East Coast, USA

September 3, 2018 at 9:54 pm #4155
    Shawna
    Participant

Hi Peg,

I’m finally getting active in this group and in working through the course and just read your post. I know you posted over a month ago but wanted to say I’m glad you are here and want to cheer you on in reaching your goals.

Colorado

September 4, 2018 at 10:47 am #4159
    Peg
    Participant

Thank you, Shawna! I’m enjoying these lessons and am greatly appreciative to Jon for the videos of songs, in both normal and slowed time. I’m happy to say I now can play “Amazing Grace” fairly well! And his CAGED class is a big help, too! Looking forward to Friday’s part 2, although I won’t be able to join live, I’ll be watching later!

Glad to hear you’re getting active in these classes! ?

East Coast, USA

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.