• October 24, 2018 at 2:06 pm #4215
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello all, looking forward to filling in some gaps in my understanding of guitar.  I can play guitar, but learned mostly by ear and exercised some bad habits in form along the way as I’ve had no formal training.  Most of what I have figured out are some simple things and fell in love with blues music where I have studied Stevie Ray Vaughn stuff for a while and am just fascinated with the music.  I grew up in south Texas and Arizona along the border, and am 53 and have been married for 32+ years now. All our kids are out of the house and we now have five of these things called grandchildren – what a blessing and joy they are.

I can read music notation, but my issues with playing guitar are that I do not have a good understanding of keys situated along the guitar neck or comfort with a given strum technique while singing.  I can pick up on it quickly, but there is no one down in these parts to teach or practice with on any consistent basis.  My goal is to practice the strum techniques until I get the muscle memory developed and to be able to comfortably play Christmas songs this year with family and friends.  I feel kind of ashamed that I never really took actual lessons years ago, but having worked since I was 13 and then providing for a family priorities priorities…Anyway, enough ramble – looking forward to learning something from everyone.

October 24, 2018 at 9:47 pm #4216
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey there Dana! Welcome to the family! Glad to have you on board. Let us know if you have any questions or struggles along your journey. Good luck!

You never fail until you quit!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags