• May 9, 2018 at 3:07 pm #3423
    Ann Hepner
    Participant

Hello, my name is Ann Hepner and I am originally from the Western New York area (near Buffalo). I retired last year and moved to Florida to be nearer to my family.
    I’ve always wanted to learn how to play guitar but never really had the time to put into it. Not long after I retired I bought a guitar and found Jonathan’s course. To be honest I was hesitant to try because I felt that because of my age (68) and arthritic joints I wouldn’t be very unsuccessful. Jonathan was so encouraging that I thought I would give it a try. I have never regretted it!
    My biggest struggle with the guitar is creating clean chord changes. Most of the songs I have had success playing are in the G chord family (Except for the transition to that pesky Am7 chord!) I continue to practice songs in the other chord families too.
    My goal has always been to be able to play for myself. I have reached that part of my goal as I have so much joy in strumming and singing songs all by myself. The classic hymns are my favorite. I find it a wonderful way to worship. Another goal I would like to reach is to play for my son and grandson.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Ann Hepner. Reason: HTML code was showing
    May 11, 2018 at 6:34 am #3433
    Jonathan
    Keymaster

Hey Ann!

Welcome to the forums! You’ve made such amazing progress in the past year, it’s very encouraging to see. You’ve definitely reached that first goal, and it’s only a matter of time until you fulfill the 2nd one.

You never fail until you quit!

May 16, 2018 at 7:44 am #3438
    Cheryl Davidson
    Participant

Hello Ann,

I just wanted to give you a confidence boost!  You send such wonderful messages, and definitely show your love of music and the Lord God throughout.  I believe you can meet your goals and surpass them.  Learning doesn’t stop because you retire, and you are proving a whole bunch of nay-sayers how wrong they are!

Keep on pickin’

Cheryl

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Col 3:16

May 16, 2018 at 8:35 am #3441
    Ann Hepner
    Participant

Cheryl,

Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that.

We are in this together, pulling for each other to do well.

God bless you and your family! Ann

June 11, 2018 at 8:07 pm #3536
    Kristy Verver
    Participant

I saw you play. I think it’s so wonderful. You’re definitely an encouragement to me. Thank you for a kind message. It’s so good to see other believers here too! That’s exciting.

Kristy

June 21, 2018 at 9:47 pm #3547
    Brad Horne
    Participant

Hi Ann

Im very new here, but just wanted to say Hi and just keep going, there are plenty of self-imposed disappointment i find learning the guitar but its not an easy instrument to learn, but as you say no better feeling to be able to play and sing a tune!!!

Brad

Maitland NSW Australia formerly from Perth Western Australia

June 22, 2018 at 7:53 am #3557
    Ann Hepner
    Participant

Welcome Brad! So Glad you have joined us. I sure agree with you about the guitar not being an easy instrument to learn. I struggle too but we just have to keep stumming away. We are in this together and we will succeed. Looking forward to hearing how you are progressing.
    All the best to you Brad.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Ann Hepner.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.